I wanna be a billionaire so frickin bad!

In the last few weeks I began a new habit of doing as many other things as possible while eating (writing blog entries while drinking lemonade while reading Onion articles while singing the Star-Spangled Banner in Latin), just to avoid the realization that, yes, I was once again eating bean soup for dinner. As much as I tried to add variety to it, it didn't really get me anywhere.

“Today will be Santa Fe Style Frozen Vegetables mixed into the soup. With corn tortillas lightly salted. Tomorrow will be peas and carrots mixed into the soup. With rice instead of corn tortillas! The day after tomorrow will be peas mixed into the soup. With tortillas lightly salted with garlic and red pepper.”

Unfortunately, I was still eating the same frickin' bean soup. Yes, there are 15 types of beans in it (before I discovered this soup last summer, I didn’t even know 15 types of beans existed), so there’s some variety right there. But they’re still beans.

My current goal for next summer is to be comfortable enough with money and paying the bills that I don’t have to buy a bag of 15 bean soup and eat it for 3 weeks straight. Actually, my goal for the rest of my life is to never have to eat that many beans again. Then again, I shouldn’t complain since I never have beans for breakfast. I have mixed nuts and fruit. And a vitamin! For lunch every once in a while I’ll get a Subway sandwich (free!). And the other night, thanks to a surprise bonus from my manager at Subway, I went a little crazy, bought myself a cheap jar of peanut butter and made some vegan peanut butter cookies. Because sometimes you really just need a cookie to make life seem livable.

Comments

  1. Haha I totally just put that billionaire song in the slideshow last week. Sounds like your having an eventful foods week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAH. This is the best thing I have ever read. Sorry bout the beans. oh, and sorry i suck at the blogging game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts