Tovlis Bebua (Snow Grandfather)


Interrupting my previously scheduled entry about the return trip from Istanbul, I bring you First Snow of 2011 in Teklati, Georgia. Since all my friends back home in the States, at least my University friends, appear to be partaking in some quality snow-day tomfoolery, I thought I'd join in.

I was very jealous reading all the statuses of school and work-free days. Then the snow started coming down in flakes the size of quarters. Wood-stoves, borschti, no electricity or water, at least a few inches of snow, tea and fresh-baked bread. What a way to start February.



My School, snow-day style



My host brother begged me to play with him yesterday, the first day the snow fell.






Then my students this morning begged me to build a snowman with them. I couldn't refuse.




Gilotsav pirvel tovls!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts